Secure, quick and easy online booking
Frequently Asked Questions
- How could I save money with GoCarHire.co.uk?
It's simple - we make it easy to compare prices, so you'll find it easy to see which deal gives you best value. Plus, with no credit card fees or hidden costs, you can rest assured knowing the price you see is the price you pay.
- How do the different fuel policies work?
When you pick up the car, it'll always be full of fuel. If you chose a "Return empty" deal, then you'll be charged by the rental company the price of a tank of fuel when you drop the car off. This can sometimes be more than the going rate for a tank of fuel. If you choose a "Return full" deal, then you'll need to top up the fuel before dropping the car off. A bit less convenient, but potentially a little cheaper.
- Do I need to provide a credit card when I pick up my car?
Yes, you'll need a credit card (not a debit card) on you when you pick up the car. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same card you paid with. It's just there to be kept on file by the rental company.
- What is excess insurance and why should I consider adding it?
If you're involved in an at-fault crash, you'll have to pay the insurance excess - just like with regular car insurance. However with car hire, the excess can often be more expensive. To protect you against this many customers choose excess insurance. While it does increase the daily hire price a little, it gives you peace of mind that should the worst happen, you won't need to worry about paying a costly lump sum.
- Where exactly should I pick up my car from?
Once you've booked your hire car, you'll receive a car hire voucher by email containing further details. This includes simple directions to the car hire pick-up desk. They're usually easy to find, whether you've chosen an airport, train stations or city location - but we'll give you all the assistance you'll need.
Why use GoCarHire.co.uk?
- 800 car hire companies compared
- 28,000 destinations to choose from
- Search, book and drive in 3 easy steps
- Safe and secure online booking
- Exclusive prices with the best companies
- Trusted by over 10,000 customers
- No credit card fees
- No hidden charges
Plan your next trip with our location guides
Best of Britain
Visit our destinations index for more location guides.